T-Ball Rules: Ages 4-5
Charleston Baseball Association
- Remember the object of the game is to have fun and learn about baseball! Please show good sportsmanship at all times.
- Home team is listed second on the schedule, and will occupy the 1st base dugout.
- The game of T-ball has been developed to allow the beginning player to better practice and learn baseball fundamentals. Coaches should strive to make their players better by teaching them proper hitting techniques, and the strategy of running the bases and playing the game of baseball
- Safety, sportsmanship and fun are the name of this game!!
- Each team will bat their entire line-up every inning.
- No stealing is permitted.
- Coaches should switch defensive players around for exposure to all positions.
- NO official score book will be kept.
- Runners cannot leave base until ball is hit. If a runner is put out, they will remain on the base.
- Games have a 1-hour time limit. This league does not have umpires.
- There will be no post season tournament for t-ball league.
- There will be no behavior which threatens any player, coach, or umpire by unsportsmanlike conduct. (for example: intentionally trying to strike an individual, throwing a bat or helmet, or verbally threatening another player, coach, or umpire)
- There will be no use of profane language.
- Coaches are responsible for their players’ and fan’s behavior.
- Any of these can result in suspension or expulsion from league play.
- Although we have no mandatory slide rule at home plate in this league, coaches should talk to the players about avoiding contact with each other while running the bases and at home plate.
- Each participant will receive a medallion at the end of the season.
Rainout Hotline 348-8555 (after 3:30 pm)